FIC Shipping Agency
The FIC Shipping Agency requires an Admin Officer/Shipping Agent to join their small team.
- Candidates must have experience of MS Excel & Word, be organised and be able to work to deadlines.
- You would be mainly responsible for liaising with and invoicing all our current clients.
- Attend visiting vessels with Customs officials and assist with all the ships requirements whilst in port, this may include, sourcing goods, taking crew to KEMH for any medical treatment, and where necessary arranging onward air travel.
- Booking medical evacuation services when incidents occur requiring immediate emergency response.
- Assist in South Georgia Government catch verification processes at FIPASS.
- Meet, greet & assist ships’ crew at MPA where necessary.
- English language skills are essential and a good knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- The successful applicant must hold a full clean driving licence and be of clean sober habits.
- The role includes being part of an on-call rota, working additional hours, particularly in the cruise ship and busy fishing seasons, which will include out of office hours, weekends and public holidays.
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to the permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Falkland Islands work permit process specific documents required:
- Medical and dental fitness clearances from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands Company Ltd. provides the following benefits:
- Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications
- Overtime applicable as stated in each vacancy
- Relocation costs to and from Falkland Islands upon completion of the contract
- Upon arrival and submission of original receipts, reimbursement of immigration related expenses (i.e.: background check certificate costs, medical certificate costs etc.)
- Accommodation contract without security deposit, rent deductible monthly from your salary in arrears
- Annual bonus based on performance
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least two (2) professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “VHR0077 Administration Officer / Shipping Agent” in the subject-line, latest by 16th of October, 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.