The West Store
The West Store is looking for someone who loves working with food to lead our bakery team. Working with the Food Services Manager, the Bakery Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of our Bakery. In addition to breads, pies, and roasted chickens, our Bakery produces a range of handcrafted sandwiches, cakes, meals, pizzas, salads, and so much more. You will set the standard for customer service, create a fun and inviting atmosphere for our customers, and uphold hygiene, safety and product standards. You’ll get a thrill from testing and trialling new products, whilst working to tight production schedules
- Exercise supervisory responsibility over the work operations using knowledge of nutrition analysis, recipe modification for volume and nutrients, and sanitation.
- Assign work and provide technical direction.
- Plan the use of equipment, facilities, and materials on a daily or project basis.
- Adhere to work priorities, project schedules, resources, and detailed work plans.
- Recommend changes to schedules, priorities, and work sequences, and make minor deviations in procedures or redirect resources to overcome problems such as equipment failure, material delays, or unplanned absences.
- Inspect completed work for quality and/or work order requirements.
- Ensure safety and housekeeping practices are observed.
- Previous experience leading a team in a busy environment, whilst also using your initiative to work independently.
- You’ll be enthusiastic about identifying and implementing changes to improve the overall customer experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate and train your team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to undertake duties in any other department at short notice, as required, is essential
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
- Ability to Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order)
Personal attributes: Self-motivated person with ability to perform under pressure; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; ability to prioritize effectively; organised and able to meet deadlines; ability to be extremely flexible; ability to use initiative and work independently with minimal supervision as needed and a good sense of humour.
Physical requirements: Required to stand for long periods of time. Lifting, moving and stacking boxes. Working in hot and cold environments. Work is performed in areas which are well lighted but are often hot and noisy.
Additional information and/or requirements: Due to the current worldwide situation on COVID-19 and the limitation on air travel worldwide, this vacancy is only open to applicants within the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders: If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your cover letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “Bakery Supervisor” in the subject-line, latest by 5th June 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.