Crozier Place - Home Builder
Prior work experience in hardware store or similar work in retail. Prior work and/or cooperation with a multi-cultural environment is essential. The ability to read, write and speak English clearly is essential, desirable are skills in another foreign language such as Spanish. Desirable is qualification or at least proven experience in using forklifts and other equipment for heavy lifting. Knowledge of tools, hardware, paint, garden, lumber, etc preferred. Required good knowledge of MS Office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess excellent customer service
- Open and/or close the store independently on various days of the week
- Be able to use a computerized till system
- Mix paint, and provide other services as needed
- Adhere strictly to health and safety guidelines
- Assist with incoming and outgoing goods’ deliveries
- Provide customer service in store to include loading merchandise in customer vehicle (must be able to lift 50 pounds) and setting up deliveries for customer purchases
- Answer incoming phone calls and email inquiries to help customer and/or direct communication to another employee or department
POSITION INCLUDES SOME WEEKEND AND EVENING HOURS WORKING CONDITIONS
This position usually works 45 hours per week over 6 days. Employees are required to be flexible to cover leave, illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
Required to stand for long periods of time. Lifting, moving and stacking boxes. Working in hot and cold environments. Ability to climb stairs, lift up to 50 lbs, and move heavier objects, ability to drive and use forklifts and other equipment for heavy lifting
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders:
If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least two professional reference contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “VHR0067 CSA Homebuilder” in the subject-line, latest by 30th of October 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.