Our Procurement Department and Warehouse provides a wholesale service to businesses throughout the Falkland Islands and is capable of supplying bulk orders to businesses and residents. Visiting tourist, fishing vessels frequently request bulk orders to top up their provisions whilst in the Falklands waters. We are looking for an experienced Deputy Warehouse Manager with a background in business administration to join our team! This position requires flexibility in working hours and days including weekends and public holidays, a quick decision-maker in a demanding and a fast-paced environment. Previous warehouse and procurement experience in the Falklands is highly preferred.
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing security operations.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring safety of staff.
- Motivating and disciplining staff, managing team relations
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- Assisting with deliveries where required
- Responsible for validation of purchase orders
- Responsible for procurement processes supervision
- Responsible for delivery confirmation
- Successfully manage stress and deadlines pressure
Qualification and training:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field
- Experience in supervisory role, including Falkland Islands for at least 2 years
- Experience with multi-cultural teams and international vendors and clients
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 5-32 kg and/or move objects that weigh more than 50kg
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally sit and climb or balance
Personal attributes: Self-motivated person and able to work under pressure; organised and able to meet deadlines; positive attitude and great interpersonal skills; good sense of humour and ability to use initiative; determined in carrying out tasks to completion; high level of confidentiality. Please take into consideration the physical demands listed above.
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders: If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “Deputy Warehouse Manager” in the subject-line, latest by 29th May 2020 at 16:30 local time.
The next steps of recruitment may also include a written test and the interview process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.