Home Builder is our premier building and DIY store, stocking a massive range of tools, paints, equipment, fencing and building materials to suit every project from very large to very small. The Store Supervisor is responsible managing customer service assistants in providing a great shopping experience for contractors, homeowners, and other members of the local community.
Prior work experience in hardware store or similar work in retail. The ability to read, write and speak English clearly is essential. Desirable is experience in using forklifts and other equipment for heavy lifting. Knowledge of tools, hardware, paint, garden, lumber, etc preferred. Required good knowledge of MS Office. Retail experience required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customer in retail hardware store quickly and cheerfully
- Open and/or close the store independently on various days of the week
- “Check out” customer with merchandise at cash register.
- Mix paint, and provide other services as needed
- Support inventory management
- Monitor levels of product available
- Supervise goods’ deliveries to the store and manage stock
- Provide customer service in store to include loading merchandise in customer vehicle (must be able to lift 50 pounds) and setting up deliveries for customer purchases
- Employee mentoring, and support the management in reviews and disciplinary actions, assist in developing schedules
- Answer incoming phone calls and email inquiries to help customer and/or direct communication to another employee or department
- May perform other special projects like participation in community and humanitarian events, etc.
- Position includes some weekend and evening hours
This position usually works 37.5 hours per week over 5 days. Employees are required to be flexible to cover leave, illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
Required to stand for long periods of time. Lifting, moving and stacking boxes. Working in hot and cold environments. Ability to drive, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and move heavier objects, ability to use forklifts and other equipment for heavy lifting.
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders: If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “Home Builder Store Supervisor” in the subject-line, latest by 5th June 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.