Falklands Building Services
We are looking to hire experienced Joiners to construct the frameworks of buildings and other structures according to construction plans. You should be able to interpret blueprints and have a sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations. You should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analysing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analysing construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examining building materials to identify any defects.
- Performing clean-ups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Constructing wooden concrete forms to aid the construction team in erecting various concrete structures.
Qualification and training:
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar job
- Carpentry apprenticeship preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina
- The ability to interpret blueprints
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to the permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Falkland Islands work permit process specific documents required:
- Medical and dental fitness clearances from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands Company Ltd. provides the following benefits:
- Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications
- Overtime applicable as stated in each vacancy
- Relocation costs to and from Falkland Islands upon completion of the contract
- Upon arrival and submission of original receipts, reimbursement of immigration related expenses (i.e.: background check certificate costs, medical certificate costs etc.)
- Accommodation contract without security deposit, rent deductible monthly from your salary in arrears
- Annual bonus based on performance
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least two (2) professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “VHR0078 Joiner” in the subject-line, latest by 30th of October, 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.