Website Penguin Travel
Penguin Travel offers a range of services, with a focus on tours and services to cruise ships and their passengers. Our extensive range of tours offers a unique and unforgettable experience, exploring the diversity of East Falkland. You will support the Penguin Travel Manager on all driving duties and general tasks as instructed. You must be well organised, detail-oriented, independent thinker, with an upbeat personality.
- Assist the team with airport and private transfers daily
- Cleaning/maintenance and checking both inside and outside of vehicles
- Liaising with the logistics coordinator of any vehicle issues
- Assisting other departments of the company with any transportation/ deliveries
- Tour guiding in the tourism season
- Assist with the parking of larger vehicles in the tourism season
- Assisting the manager and logistics coordinator with basic office tasks in the busy tourism season
- Other reasonable duties that may be required during office or on rota hours
Qualification and training:
- HGV & PSV licenses are essential, with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive attitude; reliable and dependable
- Spanish speaking desirable but not essential
Personal attributes: Self-motivated person with ability to perform under pressure; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; ability to prioritize effectively; organised and able to meet deadlines; ability to be extremely flexible; ability to use initiative and work independently with minimal supervision as needed and a good sense of humour.
Additional information and/or requirements: Due to the current worldwide situation on coronavirus (COVID-19) and the limitation on air travel to and from the islands, this vacancy is only open to applicants within the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders: If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your cover letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Driver/General Assistant” in the subject-line, latest by 5th June 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.