Penguin Travel offers a range of services, with a focus on tours and services to cruise ships and their passengers. Our extensive range of tours offers a unique and unforgettable experience, exploring the diversity of East Falkland. You will support the travel manager on all administrative tasks and office management of the travel office. You must be well organised, detail-oriented, independent thinkers, with an upbeat personality.
- Updating of time-keeping records used for preparation of payroll, and submit to accounting
- Assist the manager on HR administration including liaison with HR department and drafting of job descriptions, staffing needs, disciplinary letters etc.
- Assist the manager to budget operational needs for the office
- Receiving incoming invoices and ensure that all invoices are encoded to the summary, signed, approved and forwarded to accounts for payment;
- Maintaining client account numbers master list/database update
- Preparation of outgoing invoices for airport and private transfers, etc;
- Ordering of office and cruise ships vessel visits promotional materials and supplies, leaflets, brochures, packed lunches, etc.
- Preparation for printing of marketing materials
- Assist the team with airport and private transfer bookings daily;
- Co-ordinating drivers and vehicles, confirming passenger collection times, improving sales and bookings;
- Update records and documentation of all departmental vehicles (MOT, Insurance and Registrations):
- Airport and private bookings, organizing transfers and replying tour enquiries
- Covering for Logistics Co-ordinator when on leave, official business and/or out of the office;
- Other reasonable duties that may be required during office or on rota hours.
Qualification and training:
- At least 2 years previous office administration experience
- GCSE’s or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office use, skills with Word and Excel are highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent time management skills; excellent and accurate data entry skills;
- Positive attitude; reliable and dependable;
- Spanish speaking desirable but not essential.
Personal attributes: Self-motivated person with ability to perform under pressure; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; ability to prioritize effectively; organised and able to meet deadlines; ability to use initiative and work independently with minimal supervision as needed and a good sense of humour.
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders: If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your cover letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Admin Assistant” in the subject-line, latest by 29th February 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.