Commercial / Construction Accountant
FIC has an exceptional opportunity for a financial manager to establish themselves with a growing company offering the potential for future personal growth and leadership opportunities. FIC/FBS is a rapidly growing design/build construction company looking for a self-driven talented construction accountant who has aspirations for advancement.
- To assist and report into the Finance Director
- Prepare & maintain timely & accurate financial statements for construction projects in line with IFRS15
- Manage financial accounting ensuring processing is up to date & aligned with agreed deadlines
- Drive process improvements & solve problems to route cause
- Primary finance point of contact for construction contracts
- Work with operational directors/managers to provide accounting information to support decision making
- Review costs and profitability of each construction contract and investigate variances against budget
- Assist the finance director on other projects and tender submissions as necessary
- Provide financial support to other operational areas of the business and support the finance team
- The post holder is responsible for maintaining accounting records relating to construction projects, which comply with statutory and Company requirements.
- The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the accounting systems allow timely and accurate information to be prepared.
- The post holder is responsible for the provision of accurate and timely company financial forecasting information in conjunction with FD.
- The post holder will be responsible for producing a monthly report on the financial position of contracts.
- The post holder will be responsible for identifying and reporting any cost overspends on contracts.
- The post holder will be responsible for implementing and maintaining financial control systems on construction contracts.
- The post holder will advise the Board of any financial implications of any activity.
- Provide financial support to other operational areas of the business as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance required
- ACMA or ACCA qualified
- 3 to 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Construction experience – either housebuilding or other projects (hotels)
- IFRS15 experience
- Commercial, operational outlook
- Comfortable dealing with operational management who are non-financial
- Able to mix and get on with people with a good sense of humour
- Experience of setting up accounting processes and procedures and can demonstrate this
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to see beyond the numbers to identify what is driving them.
- Able to write reports and use excel
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Any systems development or installation experience would be beneficial
- Extensive experience with Sage Projects / Microsoft Projects
- Flexible approach to dealing with and adapting to change.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to respect confidentiality and recognise the importance of data protection.
The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Application instructions: Please send your CV to email@example.com with “VHR0112 Construction Accountant” in the subject-line.