Customer Service Assistant / Clerk (Home Builder)
Home Builder is a builder’s merchant store for trade and home repairs. The Home Builder Customer Service Assistant / Clerk is responsible for greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, and providing product information. The role also includes an element of admin support for the Home Builder team.
- Greet customer in retail hardware store quickly and cheerfully
- “Check out” customer with merchandise at cash register.
- Mix paint, and provide other services as needed
- Adhere strictly to health and safety guidelines
- Assist with incoming and outgoing goods’ deliveries
- Provide customer service in store to include loading merchandise in customer vehicle (must be able to lift 50 pounds) and setting up deliveries for customer purchases
- Answer incoming phone calls and email inquiries to help customer and/or direct communication to another employee or department
- Assist in checking off and booking in cargo
- Show attention to detail
- Receive, count and cost incoming stock and special orders
- Be able to work to work to meet deadlines
- General clerical and CSA duties to support the Home Builder Management Team
- Position includes mandated weekend and evening hours
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Prior work experience in hardware store or similar work in retail or office environment
- Prior work and/or cooperation with a multi-cultural environment
- The ability to read, write and speak English clearly
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- The post holder must hold a full driver’s license, (being able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles or be willing and able to pass the driving test within 6 months of appointment)
- Recognised qualification or at least proven experience in using forklifts and other equipment for heavy lifting.
- Knowledge of tools, hardware, paint, garden, lumber, etc. preferred.
- Skills in another foreign language such as Spanish is preferable
- 3-year fixed term contract
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation with rent deducted from your salary
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Expenses to get you here (Overseas applicants)
- Expenses to get you home at the end of your contract (Overseas applicants)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VHR0131 CSA / Clerk Home Builder” in the subject-line.