Deputy Manager (Home Builder)
Home Builder is a builder’s merchant store for trade and home repairs. The Home Builder Deputy Manager is there to assist the Store Manager in the overall day-to-day operations of Home Builder and act as a lead customer service specialist over the 7-day a week operation of the business.
- Assist the Homebuilder Manager in planning and implementing store standards.
- Help to coordinate daily running of the store
- Monitor and maintain accurate stock levels
- Ensure cargo is put on to the Epos system and ready for sale promptly whilst ensuring accuracy
- Follow through the stocktake schedule – reviewing results and variances
- Help to evaluate employee performance and identify training needs
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Coach and support staff
- Assist with the buying of products whilst adhering to budgets
- Assist with costing of product.
- Help to monitor retail operating costs, budgets and resources
- Review and communicate financial info when necessary
- Help ensure that all month end procedures are carried out
- Communicate with customers to meet their needs
- Develop and enhance good working relations with our local builders/tradesmen and businesses at MPA.
- Enhance relationships with local residents.
- Work closely with FBS – our Construction company.
- Work with our WSMPA manager and other retail managers where necessary.
- Ensure that customer requests and feedback is responded to promptly and efficiently.
- Help plan promotional activity
- Assist with the promoting of Homebuilder.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to meet the company objectives
- Be action-orientated to meet goals
- Help to maintain store to ensure safety of staff and customers
- Help to maximise sales/profitability
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Support the Store Manager with all phases of store operations
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Retail Management experience
- Understanding of construction materials
- Hold a full manual driving licence
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Customer and sales focused
- Excellent leadership and organisational abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Experience in the building trade
- HGV licence
- 3 year fixed term contract
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation with rent deducted from your salary
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Expenses to get you here (Overseas applicants)
- Expenses to get you home at the end of your contract (Overseas applicants)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VHR0132 Deputy Manager” in the subject-line.