Falklands Building Services are looking to hire experienced Electricians to install and repair complex electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems working from a technical blueprint. Position holders will work under the direction of an experienced Construction Manager supporting the delivery of our construction team on both private and government house builds.
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive and planned works as requested to FBS specifications and standards.
- To carry out first and second fix electrical installations and associated building works to specification as instructed either individually or as part of a team.
- To work in accordance with the information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently and to inform the Team Leader of any potential safety hazards not adequately controlled.
- Complete timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your line manager.
- Use authorised plant & equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Work flexibly across the entire section
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the section.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Qualified Electrician – Minimum NVQ Level 2 (or equivalent).
- 18th edition qualified (or equivalent).
- At least three years’ experience in a similar job
- Driver’s license (desirable not essential)
- The ability to interpret blueprints
- Ability to carry out tasks without close supervision
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to identify, prioritise and deal with issues
- 2 – 4 years fixed term contract
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Overtime opportunities
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation with rent deducted from your salary
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Expenses to get you here (Overseas applicants)
- Expenses to get you home at the end of your contract (Overseas applicants)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VHR0116 Electrician” in the subject-line.