Food Hall Supervisor
This role is essential the West Store Food Hall. As a Supervisor you will be working for the West Store Food Hall Manager and expected to use your initiative to solve any issues or problems that would affect the operation of the business or your team.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Attend to customer needs promptly
- Use initiative to approach customers
- Process transactions using an electronic till
- Deal with customer complaints in a manner that ensures they are satisfied
- Supervise and train team to ensure they are providing excellent customer service
- Able to work in a clean, orderly, and methodical manner
- Implements “clean as you go” working, ensuring the store remains clean
- Conducts deep clean of equipment as required
- Follows and completes daily cleaning checklist
- Manages cleaning checklists, ensuring completion, and following up on errors
- Order, receive, check, and store deliveries
- Rotate and check stock regularly
- Ensure stock problems are communicated between team and management
- Assist with stock taking duties as required
- Opening and closing of the shop – key holder responsibilities
- Ensuring all monies for tills are issued at the start of the day and locked away at the end of the day
- Ensure all daily checklists are completed
- Ensure health and safety procedures are being followed correctly
- Carry out Fire safety checks and be willing to be trained in First Aid.
- Work well as part of a team and by yourself
- Uses initiative to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Trains and supports colleagues to deliver service to accepted standards
- Happy to work and support any other retail department
- Follow instructions from supervisor/manager and communicate to the team
- Works to resolve team issues using own initiative
- Encourages flexibility and ensures shop is fully staffed for all shifts
This position usually works 45 hours per week over 6 days. This will include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
Employees are required to be flexible to cover leave, illness, or other unforeseen circumstances.
We have a busy tourist season from December to March. Leave is not usually granted during this period but may be considered depending on individual circumstances.
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Lifting, moving, and stacking boxes
- Working in hot and cold environments
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in in customer service
- Experience in leading a team
- The ability to read, write and speak English clearly
- A driving license
Application instructions: please send your CV to email@example.com with “VHR0092 West Store Food Hall Supervisor” in the subject-line.