Food Service Manager
We’re looking for an organised and self-motivated individual with a passion for customer service to lead our Food Service team. Working with the Retail Director, the Food Service Manager will oversee the daily operations in the West Store Café, West Store Bakery, Crozier Place Café and MPC Café. In addition to the mentioned F&B establishments, the Food Service Manager will oversee daily operations for any new F&B projects. The Food Service Manager is also responsible for managing the supervisors within our F&B establishments.
This is a challenging and exciting role that allows you to have an immediate effect on one of the largest catering businesses on the Islands.
The successful candidate will set the standard for customer service, help their teams create a fun and inviting atmosphere for our customers, and lead the way in setting hygiene, safety and product standards. You’ll also inspire your teams to produce an exciting and varied selection of foods across the business.
Experience leading a team in a busy fresh food environment is essential, as is business management experience. You’ll use your initiative to identify developing trends and implement changes to improve the overall customer experience. You’ll be flexible, particularly during the busy tourist season, and willing to assist the rest of our team at short notice.
- Ensure West Store Café, West Store Bakery, Crozier Place Café and MPC Café are profitable
- Oversee the daily operations in FIC F&B establishments
- Manage and mentor supervisors within FIC F&B establishments
- Ensure employees comply with health and food safety standards
- Establish customer service standards to exceed customer expectations
- Address any complaints regarding food quality or service
- Order, receive and check equipment and supplies
- Inspect work areas for cleanliness
- Produce monthly reports for the Director of Retail
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 3 Supervising Food Hygiene and Safety certificate
- Minimum 5 years proven work experience in a busy fresh food establishment
- Minimum 3 years proven work experience in customer services
- Knowledge of health and food safety standards
- Strong managerial skills in a similar environment
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Able to perform individually and as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Good administrative skills
- Driven and determined
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Knowledge of, or experience in fast food establishments
- Knowledge of, or experience in, monitoring and recording overtime and weekend work
- Knowledge of, or experience in workplace risk assessments and reducing common hazards
This position works 45 hours per week over 6 days. This will include early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays. Employees are required to be flexible to cover leave, illness or other unforeseen circumstances. We have a busy tourist season from December to March. Leave is not usually granted during this period but may be considered depending on individual circumstances.
The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com,fk with “VHR0087 Food Service Manager” in the subject-line.