The Falkland Islands Company
Due to continued expansion and growing staff numbers The Falkland Islands Company wishes to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced HR Advisor.
The successful candidate will be CIPD qualified with proven work experience in a similar role, learning and development skills and qualifications would also be an advantage. The HR Advisor will support managers across FIC’s twenty business units by ensuring that all policies and procedures meet best practice; providing HR advice; supporting recruitment; implementing new processes where required and advising the Board as new legislation comes into place.
- Dealing with various HR queries throughout the business
- Reviewing and updating job descriptions
- Advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Training hiring managers on candidate interview evaluation techniques
- Assisting with and developing recruitment campaigns
- Coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants
- Monitoring key recruitment metrics, such as turnover and retention rates
- Negotiating terms and conditions of employment with staff
- Providing advice and playing a major role in work reviews and change processes
- Using HR information systems to access, input and compile data
- Identifying development needs
- Suggesting new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Researching and recommending performance evaluation methods (e.g. employee appraisal systems)
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with current legislation
- Supporting the Director of Services with various capability investigations, including grievance and disciplinary investigations and supporting all managers across the breadth of the business in such matters
- Driving the business performance in relation to the organisation’s objectives
- Assisting in organising employer branding initiatives
- Acting as the point of contact for hiring managers, employees and other team members
- CIPD Recognised qualification in Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Proven work experience as an HR advisor, HR consultant or similar role
- Ability to advise and work with senior members of staff
- Hands-on experience with IT programmes and HR systems
- Knowledge of employment legislation
- Personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the business
- Ability to design clear and fair company policies
- Driven and determined
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems quickly
- High levels of confidentiality
- Timekeeping and time management skills
- Grade A – C in GCSE Maths and English
- Professional use of Microsoft Office Suite with particular relevance to Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with others to resolve issues.
- Minimum 3 years management experience in a similar environment
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Knowledge of, or experience in Quality systems and procedures
Individuals will promote good customer service and ensure outstanding service as stated in the Falkland Islands Company mission statement and ensure that the Health & Safety policy of the Company, as laid out in the Contract of Employment, is adhered to.
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least two (2) professional reference contact details to email@example.com with “VHR0085 HR Advisor” in the subject-line, latest by 27th of November 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.