Joiner / Carpenter
Falklands Building Services are looking to hire experienced Joiners / Carpenters to construct the frameworks of buildings and other structures according to construction plans. Position holders will work under the direction of an experienced Construction Manager supporting the delivery of our construction team on both private and government house builds.
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attach building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erect temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Perform repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyse blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analyse construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examine building materials to identify any defects.
- Perform clean-ups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Construct wooden concrete forms to aid the groundworks team and labourers in erecting various concrete structures.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Minimum of NVQ Level 2 in carpentry or equivalent.
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar job.
- Experience in timber frame house building.
- Sound knowledge of UK building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- 2 – 4 years fixed term contract
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Overtime opportunities
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation with rent deducted from your salary
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Expenses to get you here (Overseas applicants)
- Expenses to get you home at the end of your contract (Overseas applicants)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VHR0114 Joiner / Carpenter” in the subject-line.