We are looking to hire an experienced Joiner to construct the frameworks of buildings and other structures according to construction plans. This position may also be required to assist in repairs and renovations of existing structures. You should be able to interpret blueprints and have sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations. You should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analysing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
- Analysing construction plans to identify potential structural problems.
- Examining building materials to identify any defects.
- Performing clean-ups of job sites by clearing away all carpentry debris and waste.
- Constructing wooden concrete forms to aid the construction team in erecting various concrete structures.
Qualification and training:
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar job
- Carpentry apprenticeship preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Sound knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina
- The ability to interpret blueprints
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
Personal attributes: Self-motivated person and able to work under pressure; organised and able to meet deadlines; positive attitude and great interpersonal skills; good sense of humour and ability to use initiative; determined in carrying out tasks to completion.
Additional information and/or requirements: The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to the permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders:
If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least three professional reference contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Joiner” in the subject-line, latest by 29th February, 2020 at 16:30 local time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.