Falklands Building Services are looking to hire experienced Plant Operators. Position holders will work under the direction of an experienced Construction Manager supporting the delivery of our construction team on both private and government house builds.
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive and planned works as requested to FBS specifications and standards.
- To carry out allocated tasks and associated building works to specification as instructed either individually or as part of a team.
- To work in accordance with the information, instruction and training given safely and efficiently and to inform the Team Leader of any potential safety hazards not adequately controlled.
- Complete timesheets and other relevant documentation to the satisfaction of your line manager.
- Use authorised plant & equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Work flexibly across the entire section
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers to ensure the effectiveness of the section.
- Be aware of risk assessments and method statements relating to own area of work and to work in safe manner taking account other people’s health and wellbeing.
- Follow Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment when necessary.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Manage health and safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with the relevant section(s) of the relevant Health and Safety Policy.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- At least 3 years previous experience in similar job.
- Sound knowledge of drain laying and concrete experience
- Relevant plant licences as per the requirements of the task
- HGV Licence
- Manual Car Licence
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- The ability to safely use hand and power tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- 2 – 4 years fixed term contract
- Competitive salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- Overtime opportunities
- Annual company bonus (based on performance)
- Pension scheme
- Accommodation with rent deducted from your salary
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Expenses to get you here (Overseas applicants)
- Expenses to get you home at the end of your contract (Overseas applicants)
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “VHR0119 Plant Operator” in the subject-line.