Our Procurement Department and Warehouse provides a wholesale service to businesses throughout the Falkland Islands and is capable of supplying bulk orders to businesses and residents. Visiting tourist, fishing vessels frequently request bulk orders to top up their provisions whilst in the Falklands waters. We are looking for an experienced Procurement Officer with a background in business administration to join our team! This position requires flexibility in working hours and days including weekends and public holidays, a quick decision-maker in a demanding and a fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Assist in guiding staff, managing team relations
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- Assisting with deliveries where required
- Prepare for validation the purchase orders
- Prepare documentation for delivery confirmation
- Successfully manage stress and deadlines pressure
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of international procurement standards
- Experience in supervisory role, for at least 2 years
- Experience with multi-cultural teams and international vendors and clients
- At least intermediate knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills in English both spoken and in writing
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Must be a fast learner and able to think quickly on one’s feet
- Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Time Management skills
Self-motivated person and able to work under pressure; organised and able to meet deadlines; positive attitude and great interpersonal skills; good sense of humour and ability to use initiative; determined in carrying out tasks to completion; high level of confidentiality.
Application instructions: please send your CV to email@example.com, with “VHR0098 Procurement Officer” in the subject-line, latest by 26th of February 2021 at 16:30 local time.