Property & Maintenance Manager
The purpose of the Property & Maintenance Manager is carrying out all aspects of site management including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the company residential and commercial properties (over 70 residential and over 10 commercial). This includes security, cleanliness, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor and major repairs. Undertake letting duties of residential properties and ensure maximum occupancy and rental income for each of the assets and advising the Managing Director on suggested improvements to the residential and commercial properties and to carry out pre-planned maintenance programmes.
- The ability to operate and understand electrical/mechanical systems
- Risk assessment experience
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Staff management experience
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills and excellent and proven administration and organisational skills
- Knowledge of residential and commercial building surveying to create maintenance schedules
- Experience and knowledge of project management
- Experience working with financial accounts, profit and loss and invoicing systems
- Ability to undertake health and safety training in COSHH, Risk Assessments, Manual Handling, Working at Heights and Accident and Incidents
- Knowledge and experience of property lets and lease agreements and relevant documentation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of building maintenance and repairs
- Previous experience monitoring Electrical Inspecting and Testing and Portable Appliance Testing
Required education and training:
- Hold recognised training/qualifications associated within building maintenance and repair
- Driver’s license Cat B or higher
- Good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes Word, Excel and Access
Desirable training and experience:
- Level 5 Senior Management Qualification or at least 8 years of experience working at a senior management level
- OFTEC Oil Fired Engineer qualification
- Recognised trade qualification in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Recognised project management qualification i.e. PRINCE2
- ISO9001, ISO14000 and ISO18000 training
- Knowledge and understanding of KPIs and Business Strategy Plans
Individuals will promote good customer service and ensure outstanding service as stated in the Falkland Islands Company mission statement and ensure that the Health & Safety policy of the Company, as laid out in the Contract of Employment, is adhered to.
Additional information and/or requirements
All applicants for FIC posts will be asked to disclose convictions upon application. Criminal records will only be considered for recruitment purposes when the conviction record is relevant. Having an ‘unspent’ conviction will not necessarily bar a candidate from employment. This will depend on the circumstances and background to the offence(s).
Any information given will be completely treated as confidential and will be considered only in relation to the post to which the application refers. Failure by a candidate to reveal information that is directly relevant to the post applied for, could lead to the withdrawal of an offer of employment, or immediate dismissal.
Foreign applicants or current Falkland Islands work permit holders:
If FIC agrees to sponsor (or transfer sponsorship) an employee, they must submit upon request the following:
- A medical and dental fitness clearance from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Application instructions: please send your motivation letter, and your CV including at least three (3) professional reference contact details to email@example.com, with “VHR0064 – Property & Maintenance Manager” in the subject-line.