As part of the Retail team, the Stock Controller will support inventory management of retail outlets and operations and provide support across all our operations in Home Builder, Home Living, West Store, FIC Electrical, Warehouse, Capstan Gift Shop and will work closely with the Retail Director, to execute the planned inventory strategy for all product areas.
- To work collaboratively with merchandising planning and store operations to understand and execute the planned inventory strategy
- Allocation of appropriate stock to stores by setting inventory targets and monitoring sales
- Set up the auto allocation system, using appropriate targets and other numerical data
- Work with store colleagues to balance inventory requirements across the business
- Identify and action stock consolidations
- Work with merchandising planning team to determine any price amendments
- Ensure all price changes are correctly reflected in the system
- Investigate any store queries and provide solutions
- Undertake relevant analysis to support decision making
- Support the continuous development of processes and procedures to drive efficiencies in retail
Qualification and Skills Requirement:
- Experience within retail at least two years
- Experience with stock control
- Detailed understanding of inventory control and supply chain
- Analytical and numerate with advanced excel skills.
- Understands relevant metrics and KPI’s relating to inventory management.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team using own initiative.
- Be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the business.
Additional information and/or requirements:
The vacancy is open to all applicants; preference is given to the permanent residents of the Falkland Islands.
Falkland Islands work permit process specific documents required:
- Medical and dental fitness clearances from the country of residence
- A police clearance and/or court clearance from the country of residence
- Any other documents which may be needed to ensure person’s right to work in the Falkland Islands
Falkland Islands Company Ltd. provides the following benefits:
- Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications
- Overtime applicable as stated in each vacancy
- Relocation costs to and from Falkland Islands upon completion of the contract
- Upon arrival and submission of original receipts, reimbursement of immigration related expenses (i.e.: background check certificate costs, medical certificate costs etc.)
- Accommodation contract without security deposit, rent deductible monthly from your salary in arrears
- Annual bonus based on performance
Please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com, with “VHR0089 Stock Controller”.